Uplisting will create security deposit links for every relevent booking, but will not send any emails to those guests. If you want to collect security deposits from those guests you can message them the link to pay their security deposit manually.
The reason we do not send messages to already existing bookings is that these guests may not be expecting to pay a security deposit. We leave that explanation to you.
Each relevent booking will show a Security deposit status and a 'Link to guest payment page'. This the link you can send your guests to pay their security deposit.
Peace of mind. Airbnb collects a security deposit on your behalf, however, Booking.com and Homeaway (when connected via API/XML) do not. Here are a few benefits:
- 🛡Protection against damage and misuse.
- 🙋♀️Guests feel more responsible. Honest guests aren't discouraged with a reasonable security deposit. It also deters unsuitable guests.
- 🏃♀️Fastest way to collect funds to pay for repairs before your next guest arrives. Insurance may pay out but can take weeks or months.
- 🤖Automated collection. You only get involved if a guest doesn't provide valid payment.
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States.
Both. Pre-authorisation means you don't get charged for the transaction, but can take partial or full payment of the security deposit if required. However, pre-authorisation only lasts for 7 days.
Uplisting smart collectionIf a booking is 6 or less days in duration Uplisting will pre-authorise the payment card for the security deposit amount. Why 6 days? Uplisting processes the security deposit 24 hours before check-in.
If a booking is greater than 6 days in duration Uplisting will process the full charge. Stripe charges transaction fees on these payments which is why the system pre-authorises where possible.
Yes, you do as Stripe powers the transaction. If you'd prefer to use an alternative solution please send us a message with your requirements.
Yes, you can use one Stripe account per listing if you need to.
Yes, you will only be charged for listings that actively use the feature.
Yes, you can set a default deposit amount and enable the security deposit for any new listings automatically.
The guest is automatically charged 24 hours prior to check-in, so long as the guest provided a valid credit card with sufficient funds.
You can capture funds directly on Stripe.
- Either find the payment for the guest under the 'Payment' page, or find the guest on the 'Customer' page.
- Select the payment3. Select 'Capture' on the upper right hand side
- You can either capture the whole amount or a partial amount
- Pre-authorised charges are returned automatically by Stripe 7 days after the initial transaction. If you'd like to return the pre-authorisation funds prior to the 7 days, you can do directly on Stripe.
- For bookings greater than 7 days it is not possible to pre-authorise, instead Uplisting will take a payment for the security deposit amount. You will need to refund this amount manually via Stripe.
The prices are dependent on the number of listings actively using the feature. You can see the prices on the security deposit settings page (Automate > Security deposits).
Updated 3 months ago