Google Analytics is a free website tracking tool and platform that collects data on how users (guests) interact with your website. Once the data is collected, Google Analytics sorts the data into easy-to-read interactive reports. You can use Google Analytics to understand how your website is performing and to create goals to view conversion rates.
- Go to the Connect screen and select Google Analytics (here).
- Enter your Google Analytics ID and save
- It may take a few minutes for your Google Analytics ID to be included on your direct booking website
- Install the Google Tag Assistant Chrome extension (here).
- Load your direct booking website and enable the tag assistant (see Google for instructions).
- You should see your Google Analytics tag on the tag assistant.
While setting up Google Analytics, you may want to define a goal/funnel for completing a reservation.
We don't have a static URL to show that a reservation has been completed. After successful payment, we redirect guests to a booking specific confirmation page that ends with /confirmation. So we'd recommend setting up a URL Regular expression: a simple one is bookings/.*/confirmation.
Updated 3 months ago