Airbnb automatically applies a new host only service fee of 15% when connecting in this way (link to guide on host fees below). To account for this, Uplisting automatically increases your prices on Airbnb by 15%. We do this as a safety precaution. If your prices remained the same you are at risk of accepting bookings 15% below the value you expect.
Unfortunately, we have no insight into the host commission fee set on your account (this information is not provided as part of the integration).
Airbnb has explained to us that all new connections will automatically move to the new 15% commission setting. However, it may be possible that your account remains on the 3% commission setting.
Follow the instructions below in either case and if you would prefer the 3% commission setting (or this is already the setting you are on and want to remain) just change the Airbnb markup Uplisting has automatically set from 15% to 3%. Your updated prices will sync from Uplisting to Airbnb within a few seconds.
How to review and change the Airbnb host commission fee setting:
- Confirm your host fee setup on Airbnb here. If it's set to 3%, continue to step 2. If not, set it to 3% (if you wish).
- If you wish to reset prices to what they were prior to connecting to Uplisting, change your Airbnb markup on Uplisting to 3% here.
- Done - all prices are back to the original values.
Settings to review on each individual listing
- Guest requirements: You may need to re-add your guest requirements on the "booking settings" page of each listing (eg. require government ID)
- House rules: You may need to re-add house rules
- Policies: You may need to review cancellation policies
- Instant book: See how to disable instant book below
When connecting to software like Uplisting, Airbnb automatically sets your listings to Instant Book. If you prefer, you can revert back to Request to Book and disable Instant Book.
Updated about 2 years ago