This feature brings the power of Airbnb guest verification, to you.
Guest identity verification is an extremely powerful feature. Easily and securely verify your users’ identities and collect identification documentation directly and seamlessly via Uplisting. Verify the authenticity of over 4,000 document types from 100+ countries.
- Enable a powerful and very user-friendly guest verification flow with the click of a button.
- Guests can verify their identity by uploading an image or taking a photo in real-time. Both on desktop and mobile.
- Verify the authenticity of over 4,000 document types from 100+ countries.
- Prevent fraudulent bookings.
- No external provider is needed.
The following charges are per verification (including any retries following failed checks). For most common currencies these are:
When the feature is enabled, a
Guest verification module appears on the guest booking confirmation page. Within this module is a
Please verify your identity button.
Once your guest selects the
Please verify your identity , the following screen is shown. This screen is mobile responsive.
Select identification type
Next they select which identification type to verify their identity with.
Guests can take a picture on their phone, on their laptop or by uploading a file (image). This makes it very easy for the guest to provide their identification in a way that suits them best.
If taking a photo of their identification, guests are asked for access to their camera. They can then take a picture of their identification.
Identification successfully submitted
As soon as the identification document has been submitted the system attempts to successfully verify.
As the verification documents take time to process, your guests will see a
Identity verification processing state on the Guest Verification module after completing the steps above.
When the identity verification is successful, you and your guest will see a
Verification verified status on the Guest Verification module.
Not successfully verified
If verification fails, the state returns to
Please verify your identity
Yes, so long as you can verify the requirement to Airbnb (as detailed in this guide) and include the requirement in your listing description.
- Click the 'preview guest payment page' button on the booking panel on Uplisting.
- You will see one of the states detailed above.
- Click the 'Copy guest payment link' button. This copies the booking payment and confirmation page link.
- Send this link to your guest via message on Uplisting, email or any other means. The page is mobile friendly so works on all devices.
Updated 7 months ago